The United States Of America is founded on the tenets located in the US Constitution. All laws and the people who preside over the law, are based on this document. All Municipal and State laws are superceded and presided over by the Federal laws, based on this document. So no entity may pass a law that is not in accordance with this document. If you find that someone has. You not only have a right, but a civil responsibility to inform and if necessary, litigate that entity.
That is what is meant by the legal tort of Rule of Law, which dates back to Aristotle in 350 BC.
HERE. Know the Law of your land. Your liberty rests on you knowing this.
Those precepts were instituted by the biggest collection of social misfits that the world in Western Europe could produce in the late 1600’s. Wiki has a pretty good summary here. It is informative to understand the History of a thing, as there is power in that. Within it resides truth, for the most part. Though admittedly, History is written by the victors.
But a revelation of the true strength and character of the United States, lies in an examination of the nature of those individuals who had the tenacity to put their lives and their families on the line, and leave a vast history and legacy behind them in order to venture out to a new frontier in the Americas.
It all is summed up pretty well in this image loaned to me by the Dunbar’s of their son, who after severe stress in childbirth, had this to say, as he lay in Neo Natal Care, full of tubes. Kate Slaton Dunbar is descended from the people who settled the area in which I live.
When I saw this image, which her husband shot, I was surprised. To me, it seems sometimes like all of the world would love to snuff America out. This boy’s response is the basis for what our instinctive reply should be to ANY entity within or without, that attempts to rob this country of what we paid for in vision, obstinence, perseverence, bravery, and blood sacrifice.
Independence Day. Think about that word.
1 free from outside control; not depending on another’s authority : the study is totally independent of central government | Canada’s largest independent investment firm.
• (of a country) self-governing : India became independent in 1947.
• not belonging to or supported by a political party : the independent candidate.
• (of broadcasting, a school, etc.) not supported by public funds.
• not influenced or affected by others; impartial : a thorough and independent investigation of the case.
• ( Independent) historical Congregational.
2 not depending on another for livelihood or subsistence : I wanted to remain independent in old age.
• capable of thinking or acting for oneself : advice for independent travelers.
• (of income or resources) making it unnecessary to earn one’s living : a woman of independent means.
3 not connected with another or with each other; separate : we need two independent witnesses to testify | the legislature and the judicature are independent of each other.
• not depending on something else for strength or effectiveness; freestanding : an independent electric shower.
• Mathematics (of one of a set of axioms, equations, or quantities) incapable of being expressed in terms of, or derived or deduced from, the others.
an independent person or body.
• an independent political candidate, voter, etc.
• ( Independent) historical a Congregationalist.
If we truly stand united. Expect to stand alone amongst the Nations. Independent. Victory is never given. You have to earn and seize it. That is us, from our inception. It is what we were. It is what we should be.
One of the single most powerful songs that I have heard. America. Samuel Shoemaker and the Shoemaker Brothers. It has inspired quite a bit for me in the month or so since I first heard them play it live here, in Ventura.
America the diverse, proud, obstinent, independent and free. It is our nature.
The following gallery is a memorial homage in honor of our obstinence, persistence, and our laws.